Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Nothing new, just another post

The problem with not having an "official" gym membership and relying only on the gym in your building is that when the 2 "alive" treadmills are being used, you are stuck without anything... That happened to me today. See, it is still too cold in MN to really walk outside (I think the high today was 44 --which is warm!) so I'm stuck relying on the treadmill for the next few days. Well, today was one of those no-treadmill-available days. When I saw that I wouldn't be able to use a treadmill I went for the elliptical. The "official training book" says that you are supposed to get other cardio in besides walking, and the elliptical is cardio, right?

On another note, today I found out that one of the other attorneys is training for a marathon and in his training he was told he should sit on an exercise ball at work to strengthen his core. Well, he decided to bring this up in a room full of other male attorneys (see, I only work with men- it's a blast!). None of them knew what he was talking about besides me! Not one of them knew what an exercise ball is. How sad is that? So, the marathon-runner and I talked about the benefits of sitting on an exercise ball for a few minutes while everyone just sort of stared at us (and then made fun of us - well they'll see when we are both in shape!). Well, I hope that marathon-runner brings in an exercise ball to sit on at work, so I can do the same. I have wanted to do it for a while. I have 0 as in ZERO core strength and I thought that would help... or I could just go back to doing yoga too. (Yoga is cardio according to the "official training manual").

I am supposed to walk with Sarah tomorrow since it is supposed to be almost 50!

No comments: