Friday, April 25, 2008

RonDL Treadmill update

Things have been stupid around here for the past few days and I was just WAY to frustrated to post. My last post was after I walked 3 miles on Tuesday. Then considering the things I write about here are either walking or the twins and nothing happened with either of those, it wasn't worth posting. Wednesday was a "rest" day, but not really for Will and me. We spent the evening the apartment and getting it "parent" ready. But if you are reading this, and you live outside of your parents house, you know that no matter what you do when your parents come to visit it is never to their satisfaction. This time, my mom managed to find wax on a placemat that hadn't been used since Chanukkah (meaning the wax was from the menorah). Well, when there are only 2 of you in the apartment and it is not big enough to have people over for dinner, you never look at the other placemats on the table. Well, needless to say, my mom found things wrong with the apartment that I would have never noticed. Oh well.



Then the Twins managed to go 3 days in a row and only earned 1 walk. Yes, that is right 1 frickin' walk! What team goes 3 days and can only draw one walk?! The TWINS! I mean you really have to try hard to get only 1 walk in 3 days! Most teams earn 1 walk within the first 3 innings of a game! Thank G-d today for Justin and Joe, otherwise I wouldn't have anything to write about.



On top of the Twins walk situation, I couldn't walk yesterday. Traffic was just too bad and I had to make it out to my inlaws by 645. So... I walked today for 4 miles. 4 miles on a treadmill is not that much fun. Especially when you are on the treadmill that doesn't have a book/magazine rack thingy AND you decide that the best magazine to read at 7p while you are walking is Cooking Light and you haven't eaten dinner. I had to close the magazine after 3 miles otherwise I was going to start eating the pictures out of the magazine! Seriously. Oh, and I was on the crappy treadmill because the RonDL treadmill was being ... you guessed it ... RonDL! Today the display decided to stop working. You could press all the buttons on it and it would go faster/slower etc, but you could not see how fast you were going or how far you had gone. I had to switch treadmills to the crappy treadmill. So you get a clear picture of my little gym, along the back wall there is the crappy treadmill, the RonDL treadmill, and the OK treadmill.



Tomorrow since the weather is supposed to be crap again (picture 45 and rain), Sarah is supposed to come over so we can walk our 5 miles on the treadmill. I'll let you know how that goes tomorrow! Until then, pray for Twins walks!



Total Twins walks as of 4/25/08: 46

Total Cubs home runs as of 4/25/08: 27

No comments: