Thursday, April 10, 2008

6 Miles So Far

In my training effort, I have walked 6 miles. I know when I go back and look at this blog in 6 months I'm going to laugh at walking 3 miles a night. Once again, Minnesota spring has prevented me from walking outside. It was actually snowing/sleeting/raining/wind when I left work today. Then tonight it started snowing/sleeting/raining/wind/lightening/thunder. What is going on? All I want to do is walk outside. 3 miles seems so far when you are walking on a treadmill. Last week when I walked to Mac that 4-5 miles wasn't all that bad. It actually went by pretty quickly. But 3 miles on a treadmill takes forever (actually only 50 minutes).

I did receive my team training stuff in the mail today. I am the team captain for the Pink Sprinkles. This means I'm responsible for motivating my team, making sure they are on task with raising money, and making sure they are having fun. Right now my official team consists of my mom, Will's mom, Sarah and myself. Our unofficial team members are Mel and Sarah's mom. They are honorary Pink Sprinkles. If you are interested in becoming a Pink Sprinkle, let me know. We are always open to new team members! Go Pink Sprinkles!

The weather is the same (or almost) in Chicago, so the Twins were rained out. That means for those of you donating per walk, you are off for a night.

Total Twins walks as of 4/10/08: 23

1 comment:

Sarah Squillace said...

My mom is very excited to be an honorary pink sprinkle! Go pink sprinkles!!