Thursday, April 17, 2008

Welcome Pink Sprinkle

I know I didn't post yesterday. For some reason I was sooo tired that I didn't even have the energy to get on my computer. I just made dinner and watched Homicide and went to sleep. I didn't even watch all of the Twins game!

Today is a walking day so I have to post! I walked outside today, too! I love being outside, even when I'm not dressed quite right. For some reason I thought it was warmer than it was when I walked. I got home from work and put on a pair of shorts, tshirt and sweatshirt and headed out to walk. Well, I would have been more comfortable walking if I had worn sweatpants. Oh well, I made it and wasn't nearly as cold as last Saturday. I went to http://www.mapmyrun.com/ earlier today to see exactly how far it would be to walk from my apartment to different locations so long as I walked up and around the capitol, to St. Paul's Cathedral and then down Summit. I found out that it would be 3 miles (or just slightly more) if I walked to Western Ave., 4 miles if I walked to Dale, 5 miles if I walked to Victoria, and 6 miles if I walked to Lexington. So, since today was a 4 mile day I just walked to Western. It wasn't bad and I was able listen to a few podcasts I hadn't listened to yet. Of course my podcasts are all science related The first one I listened to was a national geographic one, the second one was from the archeological society of america (whose main sposor is the Turkist Bureau of Tourism), and the third one was from the discovery channel. The discovery channel weekly podcast is my favorite because they do 6 mini-stories about the coolest things in science that week. I highly recommend it if you are a science nerd like me. I will probably keep listening to these podcasts while I walk, that way I'll be smarter and stronger at the end of these 6 months!

Twins Walks on 4/17: TBD
Total Twins Walks as of 4/17: TBD

Cubs homeruns on 4/17: TBD
Total Cubs homeruns as of 4/17: TBD

No comments: