Saturday, April 26, 2008

5 miles!

Today the weather was beyond crappy. Not only was it cold and very windy, but it was SNOWING. It was frickin' snowing in almost the last week of April. I have to say that it is NOT SUPPOSED TO SNOW THIS CLOSE TO MAY! But... at least I'm not up north where some places got 18 inches of snow. If the people in New Orleans think the Mississippi is high, just wait a week when this snow melts.

Anyway, today was my first 5 mile walk. I figured it would definitely take me over an hour to walk 5 miles, so I thought that if I could find something on tv (and get to the gym when no one was there) that the first hour of my walk wouldn't be so bad. I was correct about this. I woke up early this morning (630a to be exact - Will had to be at work around 7). I hung around the apartment until I really did wake up and then right before 9 I turned on Bravo and realized that "Step Up and Dance" was going to be on at 9 (and it was an episode I had not seen). Let me go ahead and admit that I am addicted to ALL Bravo reality shows, except the Kathy Griffin one. So, I quickly got dressed for the gym and made it downstairs about 855a. No one was in the gym, as expected since it was early on a Saturday morning, so I got my choice of TV stations. And, needless to say it was Bravo. I made it through my first hour of walking with no problem. When 10a rolled around I only had 1 mile left to go! I managed to walk 5 miles in 1 hour and 22 minutes today. Not bad, if I do say so myself. By the way, Sarah didn't show up to walk with me and that's why I had to watch TV while walking.

Tomorrow's 3 miles is most likely going to be on the treadmill too. The weather isn't supposed to be much better. :(

In Twins news, DELMON YOUNG got a walk. Yes, you read that correctly "Mr. King of the Strike Out" actually held his bat and WALKED!

Twins walks as of 4/26/08: 49


Cubs homeruns as of 4/26/08: 27

No comments: