Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Good Day

Today was a pretty good day considering it is Passover. Passover tends to make people miserable because you are not allowed to eat any sort of levened product (meaning no bread, pasta, corn, cakes, cookies, you get the idea). I managed to make it through the day with my passover allowable food and even made a pretty good shrimp and rice dinner. It did need a bit more flavor, but overall, not too bad. I like cooking new things, even if they don't turn out too good, because then I know I can fix it another day.

Today was a good day for a fellow attorney in my office (or I'm going to assume it is). His first son, and first child, was born this morning! What a happy occassion. All I have to say is I hope this boy will grow up to be a Twins fan!

I got home around 7p today and decided that it was too late to walk outside, so I did my 3 miles on the treadmill. It wasn't too bad. The treadmill is nice for timing purposes. It seems like each time I do my 3 miles on the treadmill I decrease my time by about 15 seconds. Today I did 3 miles in 49:45. That means that I have shaved about 2 minutes off of my 3 mile time since my first walk! While it is nice to walk on the treadmill on certain days the one thing I cannot stand about going to a gym is the people who think that it is ok to talk on their cell phones while working out. Who wants to be on the other end of someone panting and thunk, thunk, thunking on a treadmill?! I know I wouldn't. AND what conversation is sooo important that you have to have it at the gym? I know the girl on the next treadmill's conversation was not that important. She was just talking about what she did last weekend? What? She does not have 5 minutes at any other part of her day to talk to this person?! Now you know one of my biggest pet-peeves. Also, anything Nick Punto does that is not a walk is a pet-peeve.

Twins walks on 4/22/08: 0 (Twins you suck!)
Total Twins walks as of 4/22/08: 42
Total Cubs Homeruns as of 4/22/08: 25

No comments: