Monday, April 28, 2008

Its a Rest Day

Hello all readers! I am sorry I didn't post yesterday, but things were kind of crazy and when I got home last night I was beat. I decided going to sleep at 9:30 was better for my health than posting. Just to keep you informed, on Sunday I did walk the 3 miles required. 3 miles felt like nothing after walking 4 miles and 5 miles the two previous days. My time walking on the treadmill just flew by, which was a good thing considering the person next to me on the treadmill. See, the apartment building I live in is full of characters. Just to give you a feel of the people that live in my building here are the nicknames Will and I have given them and the reason behind it:
- Safari-man: this is a man who ONLY wears khaki shorts or pants, hiking boots and khaki safari type shirt. Honestly, Will and I have only seen him ONCE not in this outfit and then he was wearing forest green pants, the khaki shirt and bots.
- red-backpack-mike: this man lives on our floor and we have NO CLUE how he managed to get himself married. He wears a red-backpack everywhere he goes and I don't think he ever works.
- bug-woman: (I don't think Will knows of this woman) but she parks near me. She looks like a bug that has just been zapped. Hair going everywhere and eyes popping out of her head and is always dazed like she was just zapped.
THEN... after safari-man is our favorite character...
- SINGING MAN: in defense of this man, he has an amazing bass voice. However, it is a BOOMING bass voice and he literally sings musicals everywhere he goes: in a full elevator, walking through the garage, doing his laundry, waiting for the elevator, cleaning his treadmill. Oh, and he manages to only sing "If I Were a Rich Man" or "Old Man River."

Singing man leads me to my awful treadmill experience this weekend, and the one thing that may get me walking no matter what the rain is. Mr. Singing Man, I have found out this weekend, likes to walk on the treadmill in the itsty-bitsty-est shorts. As in I think basketball players in the1970s/80s wore longer shorts. AND they are too tight. If this isn't enough of a reason to leave the treadmill, then maybe the fact that about every 20-30 seconds he goes "UGH" like he has just lifted 300lbs. BUT HE IS WALKING! And of course, a man like this could not sweat up a storm. So, in summary the man I was walking my 3 miles next to is sweaty, wearing TOO tight, TOO short shorts and going "UGH." Would you agree with me that it is time to walk outside whenever I see him around?

Well, tomorrow is a 3 mile day!

Twins walks as of 4/28/08: 51
Cubs home runs as of 4/28/08: 27

No comments: