Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My First Official 3 Miles

I did it! I walked my first 3 miles for the training process! (I have definitely walked 3 miles before ... I did almost 5 last Friday). The weather today sucked (low 40s and cloudy) so I was stuck with walking inside on the treadmill.

Walking 3 miles on the treadmill is OK as long as whatever is on TV is motivating. Let me tell you, The Biggest Loser is motivating. I mean these people lost 80+ lbs and are loving life. It was inspiring. I'm not saying that I'm going to lose 80 lbs, but the motivation they had kept me going on the treadmill. Glamour also helps, especially when it is the "bathing suit" issue. I love Glamour because they have only "real world" people as their models for the bathing suit issue. That means I'm not looking at perfectly stick thin, airbrushed people, or just pictures of bathing suits that are suppose to work on my body type. I like that the "models" have hips, boobs (GO BOOBS!) and a tummy.

You will be happy to know that the RonDL treadmill is all better. It has a new track and was plugged in. It looked so happy to be used. Though, I did get stuck with the lowest of the treadmills. The bottom of a treadmill pool is one that does not have a rack for my magazine/book. Everything had to be perfectly balanced. I was SHOCKED that I didn't drop my keys or my magazine the entire time I was on the treadmill.

Tomorrow is a "rest day" for me. I'll still keep you updated on the Twins! The Twins were off today so those of you donating according to the walks the Twins have this season, are off for a day.

Happy Tuesday!

Twins walks today (4/8/08): 0
Twins walks this season: 16

No comments: