Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Hello Springtime!

After a long hard winter like the one we have just started to come out of days like today bring all sorts outside. Today, I was one of those enjoying the weather. It was the first day above 60 since October. I can't believe that I haven't felt weather above 70 since my wedding in November. But back to my being outside...

Sarah, Mollie and I decided we would do our 3 mile walk around Lake Calhoun today. The path around Lake Calhoun is 3.1 miles so that worked out perfectly. The wind was unbelievable though. At points I was actually blown off the path (I was walking along the edge of it). It was even slightly chilly with the wind blowing over the ice that still remains on the lake. But, I'm not going to complain when it is in the mid-60s. Its in the 60s! Its in the 60s! Well, helloooo springtime! I cannot wait to start walking outside all the time!

Please consider donating to my walking effort! If you want to join the Pink Sprinkle team, as an official walker or as a volunteer, let me know!

Twins walks on 4/15/08: 1
Total Twins walks as of 4/15/08: 36
Cubs home runs on 4/15/08: 3
Cubs home run total as of 4/15/08: 18

No comments: