Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Its another month!

Well, June has come and gone. I cannot believe it is July already and the 4th of July holiday is just a few days away. Crazy! June wasn't such a great month for my walking efforts. I did try to do all the long Saturday walks, but I tended to miss a lot of the weekday walks. After talking with people last Saturday, it happens a lot. The people who had done the walk before said that if you get in the longer walks you'll be fine. So, I guess I'm fine. I did wake up this morning and walk 3 miles. At least I'm on course for this week.

The Twins didn't do as well this month in gaining more walks as they did last month, but every walk helps. The Cubs did stay on par for this month too. The Cubs are averaging 30 home runs a month. I wish the Twins could hit that many... Oh well.

If you decide reading this post that you want to donate to the Susan G. Komen foundation, and support my effort to walk in the 3 day walk, please click on the link on the side of your screen where it says "donate here." Currently, I have raised just over $600.00. Which is great, but I still need to get collect $1600.00 in donations! I know you want to help me out. Think about how many people you know who have had breast cancer. Everyone is touched by it in some way, so why not help stop this?! Every dollar helps!

Here are the Twins and Cubs updates:
Twins Walks Total: 235
Twins walks in June: 71
Twins walks in May: 106
Twins walks in April: 58

Cubs Home Run Total: 94
Cubs home runs in June: 32
Cubs home runs in May: 33
Cubs home runs in April: 29

What can we say about these stats? The Cubs will have about 60 more home runs before the 1st of September and who knows what is going to happen with the Twins walks. I'm hoping for another 2 months of 100 walks each! Aren't you?

No comments: