Thursday, July 31, 2008

Another Month is Just About Over

Well, it is the last day of July. This means that my Walks for a Walker program is close to ending. I will be ending my Walks for a Walker program one month prior to the day of the walk. This means August 19th. I know! Its getting really close! Hopefully in the last month the Twins will go on a walking rampage and have at least 5 walks a game! I doubt that will happen, but it would be nice.

Another sad thing is happening today too. It is my secretary's last day! She is leaving me for another law firm. Oh well. Everyone needs to move on with their career. But I will miss her! She is also moving just a few buildings down, so it is not like she is moving to St. Paul or something where we can never see each other again. :-P

I did go to the Twins game last night where Will was dubbed "Ball Point Guy." There were TONS of beach balls flying around the upper deck last night and Will thought it would be funny to pop one of the millions with his pen. Well, needless to say Aaron, Greg (Will's friend not his brother) and I all ducked for cover and sort of scooched a few inches away from him. You do not want to upset drunk college kids who are tossing a beach ball around. Nothing happened to us, but it is now something we will talk about for a while. Why people bring beach balls to baseball games is beyond me. You are there to watch the game and if you don't have the attention span to watch a baseball game and need a beach ball to distract you, maybe you shouldn't come to the game.

The game was pretty awful. Livan was Livan without his run support. This means that he pitched horribly. The White Sox had 8 hits before he was taken out of the game in the 4th inning. I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope that he is traded or released today. The Twins have enough pitchers that don't pitch "batting practice" to let Livan go.

I am glad I woke up early today (or normal for this week - I have been waking up at 530 every day). There is a massive storm coming our way and I was able to get 5 miles in before coming into work. This means that I am now around 13 miles for the week and it is only Thursday! My goal is to be walking around 30/40 miles a week before this walk.

One last thing... keep coming back to this website and tell your friends about it because the Pink Sprinkles will be hosting an online auction in the middle of August to raise money for our walk. We are hoping to put everything up around August 10th.

Here are your updates:
Twins walks as of 7/31/08: 317
Cubs home runs as of 7/31/08: 121

No comments: