Friday, July 25, 2008

No New Posts This Weekend

To all of you diligent readers, I will not be around to post this weekend. I know you will greatly miss checking up on how I'm doing and my constant nagging for donations. I do hope to get at least one walk in this weekend. Maybe I can even convince Will to walk with me.

Will has been walking with me too. I don't know why he doesn't want to do the walk, but it is his choice. I can understand him thinking that the walk is an only-female-thing. However, I am a firm believer that men should be doing this walk too. After all, isn't it the men who want the boobs to be around? Should they be the ones out there with signs that say "SAVE THE BOOBS!" and "I LIKE BREASTS!"? I understand why it is mainly women, but every year there are a significant number of men diagnosed with breast cancer too.

When I was doing the expo walk I was talking to another walker who had participated in the 3 day 2 times before. The last time she walked she met a man who was in his 70s and was doing all 12 of the walks (there are now 14 different cities hosting the walk). He was walking because he had been diagnosed with breast cancer. We couldn't believe how great of shape he must have been in because he was essentially walking 30 miles every weekend for the entire summer.

All I have to say whenever I decide to do this walk again, I hope that there will be some members of my team from the opposite sex.

Have a great weekend!

No new stats because the games haven't been played yet today.

No comments: