Sunday, June 29, 2008

What a Weekend!

Saturday was such a busy day! It started with me waking up at 5a so I could be at Minnehaha Academy before 6a to do a group walk. Saturday was the official 3day Expo and there were 2 training walks before the Expo started. One was 12.5 miles and the other was 6 miles. I chose to try out the 12.5 mile walk. I met 2 really cool people on the walk. One person is doing the Chicago walk and the other is doing the Minneapolis walk for the 3rd time. It was really nice to meet other people. I knew I would meet others because there is no way you can walk 12.5 miles without talking to someone. The walk went by pretty quickly too! By the time I got to around 11/12 miles my legs were tired, but I think it was because (1) I knew how close I was to the end and (2) the repeated motion without much stretching. The woman I met who is doing the walk for the 3rd time said that stretching at every rest stop (or every 3 miles) is key to making it through the 20+ miles we will be doing every day. I'm thinking, after doing the 12+ miles, that she is right about that one.

After the walk, I went home, ate lunch, took a nap, showered and left to go help Sarah set up for our Lia Sophia party. It was a great time and we have raised quite a bit of money just from the one night of selling! However, we can still raise more! If you want to order jewelry from us, follow the directions at the end of this post! The jewelry is great - I saw it all, so I can say that. :)

I woke up this morning and walked another 5 miles. I needed to do that because it was part of training and I needed to make sure my knee could make it through 2 days of walking. My knee hurt when I woke up this morning, but after putting on my knee brace it didn't hurt when I walked! And it doesn't hurt now! We'll see how things go tomorrow.

As for the Twins, I didn't watch much of them this weekend. (Can you blame me?) But here are the stats! Its getting close to the end of the month too!!! Don't forget to donate!

Twins walks as of 6/29/08: 232
Cubs home runs as of 6/29/08: 92

No comments: