Sunday, June 1, 2008

Its June!

I would like to thank all of you who are daily/weekly/regular visitors to this website. Its nice to know that I'm not writing this just for myself (though I kind of am). I have now been walking for 2 months in training for the 60 miles I will end up walking in three and half months. So far, I have walked close to 125 miles! If this is inspiring you, there is still plenty of time to join the Pink Sprinkle team to walk on September 19-21. Just send me an email or comment on this blog to let me know you are interested in walking with us!

The Twins "Walks for a Walker" program is going well! Last night was pretty amazing. I went to the Twins game with about 10 other people and watched Alexi Casilla draw 3 walks in a row! Then Nick Punto (BOOOO!) was intentionally walked! The game was good, but long, and the Twins lost. The number of Twins walks has more than doubled in the past month. Yea! I love it when the Twins walk. It is really funny how now whenever I watch a Twins game with people they always cheer at the walks and then ask me how much money that is. Its not a lot and it could become a lot more if more people wanted to donate to my "Walks for a Walker" program. Just think... if you donated 25 cents per walk for the past 2 months that is only $41. If you donated 10 cents per walk that is only $16.40. This is definitely a situation where "Every Penny Counts." If you would like to join my "Walks for a Walker" program, I will start another count beginning June 1. If I get any responses, I will post the June 1 - present count along with the total Twins walks and total Cubs home runs. I hope you will donate! It means a lot!

My monthly request - Please donate whatever you feel comfortable with donating. I am only $1,702 from reaching my minimum goal of $2200. I would love to be able to donate more than the minimum to support Breast Cancer Research!

Here is your Twins and Cubs Update:

Total Twins walks as of 6/1/08: 164
Total April walks: 58
Total May walks: 106
Total Cubs Home Runs as of 6/1/08: 62
Total April home runs: 29
Total May home runs: 33

No comments: