Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Walks!

Well, the Twins started off their season on the right foot (literally) ... with a walk. The Cubs also started off the season with the right swing... a home run. Both teams, on their first batter got exactly what I needed! How exciting. Then yesterday, the Twins allowed me to hear one of my favorite phrases in all of baseball - back-to-back-to-back walks! Yes. The Twins got 3 walks in the 9th inning to help them win a game the probably shouldn't have otherwise won. Fantastic!

I would update you on all the stats, but I am having a problem getting this information from baseball-reference.com. I was able to use the site last year to get updated reports on all of the stats from the previous day's game. But for some reason I can't find it this year. If you know of a way to pull it off of baseball-reference, please let me know. I'm not in the mood to go to the box scores right now to get it. Sorry. For know, just know that the Twins have at least 6 walks and the Cubs have at least 1 home run. Sweet!

No comments: