Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Twins Game and 10K

A lot has happened since I last posted. Well not really, but it is kind of a lot for me to post about. First, this past weekend we went back to New Orleans to celebrate my sister's birthday (she turned 25!) and spend time with my family. Part of the family activities included doing the Crescent City Classic. The Classic is a 10k that you can either run, jog, walk or stroll. I chose to walk it. My sister ran it. Will walked and ran it. My parents walked it. I managed to complete the walk in 1 hour and 42 mins. My goal was to complete it in an hour and 45 mins, so I beat my goal! Yea! I have some pictures that I will put up when I remember to put them on the computer. The best part about this 10k is that it is a classic New Orleans event, which means that beer is part of the walk/run. There were a group of people - probably around 6 or 7- who were dressed as a chain gang (in the prison stripes and everything) chained together running it. And of course they all had a beer in their hand. There was a sign around mile 4 that said "Free Beer. Water $4.75." Ahh... New Orleans.



Yesterday Will, Dan and I went to the Twins game. We got to the game a little before six and took advantage of the Dow Price night. So we sat in the home run porch for $8/seat! Well since we were there so early, Will and Dan decided to try and get home run balls from batting practice (they didn't get any) and I just sat back and watched. While I was sitting there this guy came up to me and the two guys behind us and started chatting. I could tell he was with the Twins organization from his headset, badge and folder he was carrying. Finally, he asked me if I wanted to be part of the "Blue Bunny Ice Cream Challenge." I agreed. The prize for winning is a year supply of ice cream. The Blue Bunny Ice Cream Challenge (BBICC) is like the old Dodge truck challenge where you stand at the ledge of Section 212 and try to throw a ball into a specific object. The object for the BBICC is a giant ice cream tub. So between the 3 and 4th innings I participated. I didn't win... oh well ... but I do have a nice baseball to prove that I was in it! It has the Twins logo on one side and the BBIC logo on the other. Pretty cool. The funniest part about it is that one of the guy who was also participating was scared of heights and didn't want to leave the tunnel to throw the ball. Why didn't he just say no? Oh well.



The Twins didn't do so hot, but they did get 2 walks.



Here are your totals:
Twins Walks - 26
Delmon Young Walks - 0 (and just to give you an idea, D.Span has walked the same number of times Delmon has struck out - 7)
Cubs Home Runs - 11
Red Sox Home Runs - 9

No comments: