Thursday, April 9, 2009

First Night of Passover

I was unable to watch the Twins game today because it was the first night of Passover. I was so proud of myself. I made a brisket, mashed potatoes, asparagus, apple crisp and everything that goes on the Seder plate. I printed out an abriviated copy of the Haggadah too. I was really glad I did it. Lauren (one of my sister's friends from college) came over, along with Melissa and Dan. 5 people was just enough for my first seder. The only thing that I was really missing were appropriate candle sticks. I forgot to get some and I was suck with these Barbie-pink beeswax ones. They worked, but I need to go out and get more appropriate ones.

The best part of the Seder was at the very end, Justin Morneau "hid the affikomen" again - meaning he hit a home run! I don't keep track of Twins home runs ... because there are so few of them. I did find out that Baseball Reference is now updating the stats. So here is the way everything looks right now:

Twins Walks - 6
Delmon Young Walks - 0
Cubs Home Runs - 3
Red Sox Home Runs - 2

If you want to add your own stat, let me know! Have a great day!

No comments: