Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Watching the game and posting

Tonight was kind of a crazy night. I had to leave work around 430 to make everything happen. I had to let hildy out, make dinner, eat dinner with Will, walk at least a bit (I think about a mile) all before my JL mtg at 7 back in downtown. But I did it and now I'm back home with Will watching the Twins game. It is the bottom of the 8th right now, and Gomez just walked! Maybe I'll watch the entire game and then post the results at the end.

This weekend I HAVE to walk 10 miles. I have not done a long walk yet this year. I think my longest was twice around lake calhoun (and the to and from the Whole Foods parking lot), so maybe 6.5-7 miles. Not too bad, but when you are training to walk 20 miles every day for 3 days (btw Gomez just stole second) you need to walk 10 miles or more almost every weekend from here on out, with at least 2 five mile walks during the week and at least 2 three mile walks during the week. So, I basically need to be walking 5 days a week. Hopefully I'll be able to get a 3 mile walk in before I go to my book club meeting tomorrow night.

While I wait for this game to end, I'll start gathering the data for the minor league teams since I haven't updated you on that information in a while:
(base hit to left field by Span)
Rochester: 89
New Britian: 104
Fort Myers: 108
(Span steals second)
(Tolbert walks!)
Beloit: 103
(Span fails at a stolen base attempt)
Total: 404!

Cubs Home Runs: 37
Red Sox Home Runs: 36
Twins Walks: 109 + 7 walks tonight = 116!
Delmon Young Walks: 4
Slowey Walks: 4 (there were 2 tonight)

I have to thank Will tonight for keeping score of the game. Really, he has his score book open, keeping track of every pitch (and therefore walk) that occurred tonight. Mind you, he is doing all of this from the TV.

Thank you everyone who is participating in the Walks for a Walker Program. If you would like to join, please let me know, there is time!

(Game ends ... see I told you it would take me until the game ended to write this blog).

No comments: