Thursday, May 7, 2009

Its Time to Donate

It is now May 7. The walk is in just under 100 days. I have currently only raised 5% of the amount that I need to raise to walk. This is not good. I still need to raise over $2,000. We do have 2 fundraisers coming up this month, so I hope you will support the Pink Sprinkles. The first fundraiser is May 27 at Bar Abeline. For every margarita that is sold between 6p and 9p my team will receive $3.00! My hope is that we are able to have over 135 margaritas sold that night. That way everyone on my team who still needs money (Cindy is almost there, so she has graciously told us that she is not going to take any fundraising money) will get $100. That will be a HUGE help! Then on May 30 (that Saturday) the Dino's in Falcoln Heights (on Snelling) and the Dino's in Edina (across from Southdale) are giving us between 20-30% of the amount of food sold to everyone who mentions the 3 day or Pink Sprinkles. I really hope that both fundraisers get us a LOT of money. But having fundraising events isn't the only way we raise money. I need you to donate personally as well. ANY AMOUNT is helpful, whether it is $5.00 or $100. Even the $5 donations add up. I know times are tight, but please try to help me out.

I would like to give a HUGE shout out and thank you to everyone who has signed up for the "Walks for a Walker." So far I have 16 people signed up! I would LOVE to say I have over 20 people signed up! Just so you know, most people are signed up to donate 5 cents/walk. I even have people signed up for 2 or 3 cents per walk. Like I said before, EVERY penny (or dollar) counts. Please feel free to send me a message (email or post here) to let me know if you are interested in signing up for the Walks for a Walker program! It is such a great cause and you get cheer when a Twin gets a walk! Please tell all your friends and family about this. I would LOVE to have over 20 people signed up to donate this way!

Here are your stats:
Twins walks: 86
Delmon Young walks: 3 (keep it up Delmon! maybe one day you'll read this blog and suddenly walk every time you are up to bat)
Slowey pitched walks: 2
Cubs Home Runs: 32
Red Sox Home Runs: 31

I'm going to post the minor league stuff once a week, on Saturdays probably. It is just too much to count up every day.

No comments: