Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Weather Sucks

Yup, the weather has royally sucked. Yesterday it was SO windy and cold. I decided to go home, grab Will and head out to the MOA to do some mall walking. I much rather do that then drive all the way to the gym to walk on a treadmill. At least when you are mall walking you get to people watch too. It was kind of funny yesterday when we were walking. There was a mom with her about 2 yr old girl. The girl wasn't in her stroller and walking slightly behind her mom. In the span of time when I saw this little girl behind her mom, to when we passed, the little girl decided that she was tired so she laid down on the floor of the mall and shut her eyes. Will and I held back giggles as we walked past. The one thing that annoys me more than anything with the mall (and no its not slow walkers) is the smell that comes from Abercrombie. My G-d! What do they think they are doing emitting a scent that you can smell as far away as 3 stores in each direction! Something has to be done about that. I'm really surprised the Mall hasn't done anything.

I am starting up my Walks for a Walker program on Monday and NO ONE HAS SIGNED UP! I'm really upset about that. It is such an easy way to donate and you don't even have to donate anything until August. Take the number of walks the Twins had last year (396) and figure you are donating 10 cents per walk. That is ONLY $39.60! Come on. I know there are several of you out there who can give up $40! Last year I had an amazing person offer to donate $1/walk. I'm not asking for that, but come on ... 10 or 15 cents? Figure that each month the twins get about 115 walks. That is only $11.50 per month. I think you can do that. So, point is... if you don't sign up for the Walks for a Walker then you better be thinking about donating later on.

Its another rainy day and I won't be walking because I have a doctor's appointment to look at my knee...

No comments: