Friday, March 27, 2009

Inside Walking

Man do I hate inside walking. The weather up here has been either crap or too cold to walk outside. Tuesday Melissa and I walked around the Mall of America. She called me when we were suppose to meet and said she was stuck in traffic so I decided to take one lap around while waiting for her. Then we walked about 4.1 miles together. So I walked in total about 4.6 miles. One lap around the mall is just over 0.5 mile. We decided that walking on the 3rd floor of the mall is the best because it is the least crowded.

Yesterday I walked on the dreaded treadmill. I really dislike walking on a treadmill. I got sick of it after 1/2 hour and gave up. I did walk almost 2 miles (or just over 3km) in the half hour, so at least I have a good pace.

This weekend is supposed to be another cold one, so it looks like I'm back to the treadmill. Oh well... soon it will be warm and I will be able to walk around the lakes.

In the meantime I would like to let all of you know that I am starting up my "Walks for a Walker" program again in about a week. If you do not know what this is, I keep track of the number of walks (or home runs) that your favorite baseball team has from the start of the baseball season until August 1, 2009. You tell me what you would like to donate per walk. I then send you an email at the end of every month letting you know what your donation amount is. This way you can either donate each month, or as a lump sum at the end. Last year I was able to raise almost $900.oo this way. I would love to be able to raise much more than that this year! I had people who donated anywhere from 25 cents per walk to $1 per walk. Any amount is greatly appreciated. Please feel free to look at my posts from last August and September to see the totals of walks and home runs. This will give you a better idea of donation amounts. Please help me out! If you donated through this program last year, THANK YOU! I appreciate it greatly.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: