Monday, March 23, 2009

First sort of group walk

I walked this weekend with Cindy and Tara for the first time! They had a training event about a mile from my house, so I walked there to meet them and we went for a walk around Lake Harriet, then I walked home. It was my first more than 3 mile walk of the season! I need to start training because I registered to do the Crescent City Classic in April and that is a 10K. It is kind of crazy to think that now I think a 6.2 mile walk is nothing. Before doing the walk last year I thought it would take me forever and I would never do something like that. But now... I think I can do 6.2 miles in my sleep (so long as my knee doesn't hate me).

My knee has started to bother me recently, even when I wear my knee brace. This is not a good sign at all. I made a dr. appointment for next week, so lets hope all I need is a new knee brace. I have had mine since college, so it is at least 5 years old.

I don't know if I'm going to be walking outside that much this week because the weather is - thunderstorm, rain, snow turning to rain, rain, snow and then clear and in the 30s. Man, can May come already?!

No comments: