Friday, March 20, 2009

Training has begun

Well, we are now about 22 weeks from the walk which means that our training period has started! Crazy! It was so nice earlier this week that I went for a walk with Will on Monday and Will and Melissa on Tuesday. Then the weather rapidly deteriorated until it snowed this morning. But, tomorrow it is supposed to be warm again (59!). I am meeting 2 of my other teammates, Cindy and Tara to walk around Lake Harriet in the morning. They are then going to the "shoe clinic" and I'll just walk home. I did all of that stuff last year and I really don't think I need to learn that "cotton is rotten" again. I have my trusty Target socks that are synthetic so I don't have to worry about cotton.

We are having our first fundraiser on April 4 at Sarah's apartment! It is another Lia Sophia party! The party is going to be from 6:30 - until... If you aren't able to make it, but would still like to buy jewelry please go to http://www.liasophia.com/sites/jessevans. When you do find jewelry that you like and want to purchase (because 40% of our sales go back to us for the fundraiser) type in "Pink" as the first name and "Sprinkles" as the last name. This way we get credit for the sale!

The baseball season starts in just over 2 weeks too! So this weekend I'm going to start sending out notices to everyone who participated in the Walks for a Walker program in hopes to not only get their support again, but maybe some new people will join too!

That's it for now! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

JoAnna said...

As a lia sophia rep myself, I have to say that 40% of your show sales is an incredible fundraiser! I could never offer such a deal. I hope you all make fantastic use of this great fundraiser!!