Tuesday, August 19, 2008

One more day

There is only one more day left of my "Walks for a Walker" program. Its kind of sad that it is ending. I really don't know why... I guess it was something to always write about. I do think that I will keep track of the number of walks the Twins get during this season. Maybe Will will want to bring back his blog someday and write about it. I'm sure there are some statistics that can be formed from the number of walks a team gets.

If you are just reading my blog for the first time, I established this "Walks for a Walker" program to help raise money for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer 3 day walk in the Twin Cities. With this program people are donating a certain amount of money (of their choosing) for every walk the Twins earn from the first day of the season until tomorrow. I chose tomorrow because it is 1 month from when the walk is and it is the end of the A's series. If you want to donate, feel free to use the walks the Twins earned this season as a basis for your donation. Look at it this way, if you donate 5 cents per walk that is $19.40 or if you donated 50 cents per walk that is $194.00. (those numbers are based on walks as of last night) So, you can see the wide range of donating options.

I have also been keeping track of the number of home runs the Cubs hit because one of the people donating is a huge Cubs fan. I would even be willing to find the statistic of your choosing and figure out a donation plan for you.

I currently have raised almost $1400 for the walk. This value does not include all of the donations coming from the Walks for a Walker program. I need to reach 2200 by next month. I hope you will consider helping me out with this effort.

Don't worry, even after tomorrow I will keep you informed on what is going on with my walking. As a side note, Betsy, Will's little sister left for college today. It is really weird that she is going to be a freshman in college. When Will and I started dating she was only in 6th grade. How is that for making a 26 year old feel old? Oh well. Everyone needs to grow up. I wish her the best in her new adventures.

Here are your statistics:
Twins walks as of 8/18/08: 388
Cubs home runs as of 8/18/08: 142

No comments: