Monday, August 11, 2008

Deck Furniture!



This weekend was quite the eventful weekend. Relaxing, but eventful. First on Saturday, I walked about 10 miles. My goal for the day was 14-15, but I only made it 10... I set out to walk from my house to the Minnehaha waterfalls, back and around lake harriet and back to our house. However, when I got to the point where I could either turn left and go home or continue straight and go around the lake, I turned left. I was SO BORED! I had my ipod, but even that wasn't motivating. I wasn't tired or anything, just bored. I really needed someone to talk to during the walk and it would have been better. Will couldn't join me because he was home waiting for the gas guy to come out and fix our grill. We have a grill in the back yard that is hooked up to our central gas line. I guess next time I try that walk, I will recruit someone to walk with me at least part of the way.



Once our grill was done, Will and I decided it was time to go out and buy deck furniture. Let me tell you, buying deck furniture in August in Minnesota is the smartest thing ever! Everything was well more than 1/2 off from its retail price. I know this because I spent my winter researching patio/deck/outdoor furniture for work. The furniture is supposed to be delivered today! We also bought other stuff for our backyard (light bulbs, stepping stones, etc.).



Saturday night we went to see Betsy (will's sister) dance at the Irish Fair and then saw Flogging Molly. What a great show!!!!



After this busy Saturday, I woke up Sunday and walked 5 miles. It wasn't bad at all. Then we spent all day yesterday at the Irish Fair. Betsy danced for her last time. Sad! I guess not for her though seeing how she managed to hurt her foot again. I guess her foot is telling her its time to stop dancing. :(



Today is a day off for walking.



Twins walks as of 8/11/08: 364

Cubs home runs as of 8/11/08: 135



The girl in the back with her leg kicked is Betsy.

The girl in the white is Betsy.

No comments: