Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Great Friends!

First, since I didn't post yesterday I have to wish Greg a happy birthday. He turned 22 yesterday. Greg was so happy that Will and I waited until November to get married so that he would be 21 when he went to New Orleans.

I was supposed to walk yesterday, but after work I went to meet the professor I used to work for when I was in school. Instead of walking, I ate sushi and heard great stories about a Japanese fisherman saving Japan from the Russians. I always find it interesting to hear stories from professors and teachers. Most of them lead such interesting lives before they entered academia. Of course you are going to have the really boring ones, but for the most part, professors are very interesting people.

Today was a beautiful day, so I went for a walk around downtown. I know I didn't walk 3 miles, but I walked for over half hour. I guess that is a good thing. I was out and about. Tomorrow is supposed to be a 5 mile day. We'll see what the weather does. I hope I can walk outside again.

As for the subject line of this post. I have some great friends who have supported me in this walk. I have been very suprised to get the donations I have from my friends and the support they are giving me. When I don't want to walk, I think about how many people out there are interested in how far I walk and the contributions they have made. Because of them, I will continue to train for this walk. No matter how tired I am, or how much work I have to do, or just because my sofa looks comfy, I will walk when I'm supposed to walk because my friends are out there supporting me. So, to those who have helpd, and those who are considering donating, THANK YOU! Every dollar I get is just one more walk that I am encouraged to complete.

Twins walks as of 5/14/08: 89
Cubs home runs as of 5/14/08: 42

No comments: