Monday, May 12, 2008

Busy Weekend

I knew I wouldn't have much time to post this weekend, so I have a lot to catch up on now. I did a lot of walking this weekend. I missed my walk on Thursday, so Friday I had to walk at least 4 miles. I decided that I needed to walk somewhere instead of just a loop. Will was working so I walked from my apartment to Will's office. From my apartment to Will's work is exactly 4.01 miles, according to www.mapmyrun.com. Then Friday night Marisa came in! Marisa agreed to walk with me on Saturday. Saturday was the first official Pink Sprinkle team walk. Marisa and I met with Sarah, Jodi and Melissa to walk around Lake Calhoun. We did 2 laps around Lake Calhoun. We were supposed to walk 6 miles, however the walking path around Lake Calhoun is 3.1 miles around and we had to get there. I figured we walked 6.5 miles on Saturday. Finally, on Sunday I walked with Jodi around Centenial Lakes. We walked about 4 miles Sunday. I can't believe I actually walked 14 miles in 3 days. That is great because I'm going to need to do 4 times that amount in 4 months. GO PINK SPRINKLES! I think if we keep training like this we will be all set for the walk in September.

As for the Twins, I think they have been reading my blog because all of a sudden they are walking! I know you have been waiting for this, so here are the Twins and Cubs updates.

Twins walks as of 5/12/08: 88
Cubs home runs as of 5/12/08: 39

No comments: