Saturday, May 3, 2008

Another 5 mile day

Today was another day where I walked 5 miles on the treadmill. I don't know what I would do if it weren't for "Step Up and Dance" on Bravo. 5 miles takes me about an hour and 20 mins, and just having something to watch for an hour makes those first 4 miles go by pretty painlessly. There were two funny women in the gym today that kept me company for a little while. We were talking musicals and how we are excited to see "The Color Purple" when it comes here next year.

I think I like "Step it Up and Dance" so much because I love musicals and musicals incorporate all sorts of dancing. I love musicals! My favorite one is "The Sound of Music" followed by "The Music Man." When I was little I used to make my sister rent "The Sound of Music" almost every time my parents went out of town. See, "The Sound of Music" was on 2 tapes and that meant that we had entertainment for 2 nights. Also, I love the music and Julie Andrews. I grew up with Julie Andrews entertaining me. I was actually really really sad when she had surgery on her throat and was left unable to sing. I was almost as sad that day as the day when Jim Henson died and when Charles Schultz wrote his last "Charlie Brown" comic strip.

Well, enough about me babbling about my childhood... here are the Twins and Cubs updates:

Twins walks as of 5/3/08: 63
Cubs home runs as of 5/3/08: 33

2 comments:

Mel said...

i hated having to watch "the sound of music" almost as much as i hated when you made me play monopoly. i think after you making me play it for 4 days straight during hurrican andrew, i was over that game for life. :)

David Dust said...

I LOVE Step It Up and Dance!

Click here for DavidDust's Step It Up and Dance recap.

:)