Sunday, July 12, 2009

My Weekend

Unfortunately, I didn't walk too much this weekend. Instead, Will and I took a mini-trip out to SW Minn. We needed to get out of the city and do something fun and different since we had been stuck in Minneapolis all summer. I did walk about 5 miles on Saturday morning before I went to my golf lesson and then I walked about another 2-3 miles on different trails at the sites we went to.

We started out going to the Jeffers Petroglyphs. Then we went to the Lower Sioux Agency and then to the Birch Coulee Battlefield. After that we ended our trip for the night near Granite Falls, MN. We stayed at a WONDERFUL bed and breakfast in Echo, MN. It was actually on a farm. We had to take 2 dirt roads through people's farms to get there. The bed and breakfast is called Aunt Betsy's bed and breakfast and is owned by two wonderful people, Barbara and Larry Scheuler. We had a whole farmhouse to ourselves and they made us a wonderful egg-bake for breakfast. Mr. and Mrs. Scheuler sat with us while Will and I ate. Then the Scheulers asked if we minded if they went to church (of course we didn't) so they told us to enjoy ourselves and take our time. Will and I took a 2 mile walk around their lake. We saw a snake, muskrats, pelicans, ducks and cranes. We saw their "calves" which were almost fully grown cows by now, too. It really was a perfect little overnight trip.

Our silent auction will be starting on Thursday so look for that!
Bar Abilene Fundraiser is on Wednesday, July 15 from 6-9p!!

I have heard the Twins have walked several times this weekend.

Twins: 326
Delmon Young: 6
Red Sox HR: 104
Cubs HR: 91
Farm Team Walks: 1125
Rochester: 252
New Britian: 304
Fort Myers: 267
Beloit: 302

No comments: