Saturday, March 29, 2008

Registered for my 1st event!

I must say the people who organize the 3day walk really have their stuff together. They really motivate you too! Already - before the 6 month day hits - I have received a few emails letting me know when things are occuring. There is a "shoe fitting" and walk on April 12th! (I'll remember that because it is Mel's birthday). Basically, from what I understand, I'll be meeting other walkers while they get new shoes (I just bought a new pair of sneakers about 2 months ago) then we go for our first 3 mile walk!


What makes it even more exciting is that it is getting ready to be Spring here! Today it was almost 50 outside! It would have been a perfect day to go for a walk outside, but instead I walked on the treadmill and then walked around the Mall of America. I did just find out that walking around 1 level of the MOA is 0.57 miles. So today I think I have walked almost 5 miles.


The RonDL treadmill looked even sadder today than the other day. The electrical cord was just sort of thrown on top of the track. Sort of like it had just given up and lost all hope of ever returning to life. If it was a cartoon character your heart would just be torn out. But, maybe it has a little bit of life in it still.
Remember, there is that link on the side to support my walking effort. Make the retard treadmill happy and donate!

No comments: