Thursday, March 27, 2008

Hey, look! Its my 2nd post!

I really hope my gym replaces one of the treadmills soon. In an effort to save money I stopped paying for a gym membership figuring that my building has 3 treadmills and an elliptical. Since this is all I ever really use in a gym it was pointless for me to continue paying, right?

Well, I was on the treadmill walking the other day and all of a sudden a rip formed in the middle of the track. So there I was, the other 2 treadmills being used and my treadmill is the RonDL one going thrump, thrump, thrump as the rip passes over the roller. I just played it off as if nothing was wrong while everyone in the gym was looking around for someone hammering. One person even got off the bike (oh yeah there's a bike too) to look outside. I just continued reading my Glamour and walked. Thrump, thrump, thrump - for another 20 minutes.

I thought that someone would fix it without me saying anything (you know duct tape solves all problems), but nooooo I go back to the gym and my RonDL treadmill is sitting there waiting for me. So, for 40 minutes its me reading my Glamour and the thrump, thrump, thrump. After a while it almost became soothing. One of those constant noises that is easy to ignore.

Then today, my RonDL treadmill was not waiting for me. It was unplugged, with rope on it, and a sign that said "Broken." I took the treadmill next to it, read my Glamour and walked. There was no soothing thrump, thrump, thrump, nor people looking around for the hammering, just Everyone Loves Raymond and my Glamour.

Maybe next time I go to the gym there will be duct tape or a new track... or my RonDL treadmill will be gone and the gym will get one newer than a 1990 model.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Awww poor retard treadmill! I use my building's gym also instead of paying for a gym, but i can never get in at any reasonable time :( it sucks.