Wednesday, March 26, 2008

New to this thing

I wanted to keep people updated on my training process for the 3day walk. If you didn't know, I'm doing the Breast Cancer 3 day in the Twin Cities in September. There is this HUGE training process that goes along with it. Most people think, "Why do you need to train? You are just walking." Well, I am "just walking," but I am "just walking" 20 miles for 3 days in a row. That is a lot for a person who only does the elliptical and yoga a few times a week.

I know some funny things are going to come about during this training process, some sad things, and maybe some motivation... so blogging seemed like the best idea. Everything helps, right?

As of right now, my team is "The Pink Sprinkles" thanks to Mel. Mel can't walk with us because of this crazy thing called med school rotations, but in her honor I let her name the team. We couldn't be the pink cupcakes because that will be the name the first time she walks. (I'm going to assume that this event is something I'll continue to do).

So, keep coming back. I'll keep you updated on my training and maybe some stuff about baseball (since the season started! "unofficially")

1 comment:

Mel said...

woo! i wanna blog too ... tragically my life is super boring.