Wednesday, September 17, 2008

2 days!

The walk is just 2 days away now!! I can't believe that after 6 months of training and fundraising the walk is now here. We only lost 1 team member along the way too. Unfortunately, my mom isn't walking with us. Oh well... there are many more years down the road for her to walk, if she wants to.

I did a quick 5 mile walk yesterday with Jenni. She did the Chicago one and was telling me all about the walk and what an amazing experience it is. I cannot wait! I'm excited and only nervous about day 3. I know I can do 2 days of walking, but 3? I guess you'll just have to read how I am on Monday to find out. Jenni was telling me about this "sweep van" that the 3 day has which will bring you from one point to another if you don't want to walk. I told her the only way I was using that is if I physically couldn't walk anymore. But yoga has taught me to appreciate my body and what it can do. I think about that every day when I don't want to take the stairs up 3 flights to my car (I always park in the same spot). More than yoga, this walk has taught me that I have two very strong legs and they can take me anywhere I want to go. Further, I should be happy that I do have two legs which allow me to do these activities.

Just something to think about every day. Be glad you have a strong capable body which will allow you to walk 60 miles (hopefully) over 3 days. I know training for this walk has changed my mentality on a lot of things, and all for the better. But I guess I should reflect more once the walk is actually over.

Tomorrow is going to be crazy, but I'll try to get a post in before I go! We have to be at the Fair Grounds between 6 and 630 on Friday morning! Eek!

Here are the cheering stations if you want to come and cheer us on!

Friday, September 19th:

8:15 am - 10:15 am
Syndicate St. at Summit Ave.
1280 Summit Ave.
St. Paul MN 55105
(Park at Kowalskis Market, 1261 Grand Ave., St. Paul, 55105)

12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Johnson Pkwy. at East Shore Dr.
1290 Johnson Pkwy.
St. Paul MN 55106
(Park where available)

Saturday, September 20th:

7:30 am - 9:15 am
Holiday Inn Express
1100 County Rd. E
Vadnais Heights MN 55110

10:45 am - 2:45 pm
Lake Josephine Park
3025 North Lexington Ave.
Roseville MN 55113

11:45 am - 4:45 pm
St. Paul Regional Water Services
1900 Rice St.
St. Paul MN 55113

Sunday, September 21st:

7:30 am - 9:30 am
North St. Paul Tap & Grill
2379 McKnight Rd. North
St. Paul MN 55109

11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Indian Mounds Park
1113 Mounds Blvd.
St. Paul MN 55106

If you want to attend the closing ceremonies here is the information:

Minnesota State Capitol
The Closing Ceremony will begin at 5:00 pm.
Your friends, family and supporters should arrive at the Closing Ceremony site at least one hour early to secure a space by the stage that will give them the best view of the program.

No comments: